If my roof is metallic what changes in insulation?
Waterproofing a metal roofing roof has some peculiarities with respect to conventional concrete slabs.
The cross-section of the trapezoidal sheet determines the manner in which the mechanical bonding of the waterproofing layer
METAL ROOF WATERPROOFING-HEAT INSULATION
The most appropriate solution in such a case is the application of a synthetic film.
- Firstly, PE sheets are laid out as a vapor barrier on the trapezoidal sheet in order to protect the thermal insulation layer from eventual condensation of water vapor.
- Insulation plates of expanded polystyrene are laid on the water vapor barrier EPS 80, which ensures a stable substrate on which the waterproofing layer will be mechanically secured.
- Thermal insulating plates are mechanically fastened to the trapezoidal sheet to prevent them from being trapped, due to the windscreen wipers.
- Then, the composite membranes are laminated with reinforcing polyester mesh, which gives mechanical strength to the membrane and allows mechanical fixation.
-Mechanical fastening of the membranes to the substrate (trapezoidal sheet metal +thermal insulating panels) according to the study of sealing and welding on the seams. Roll coating varies depending on the hot air soldering machine to be used from 4cm to 12cm.
- The waterproofing layer of roof mechanically fixed perimetrically with galvanized metal Lam a, having up to 5cm handrail.
- The waterproofing of the parapets is made with a synthetic film (angular strap of reinforcement) which rises to the parapets at a height of at least 20cm.
- The angular stripe is mechanically fastened to the parapet, either with a plasticized blade on which the membrane is adhered, or with a galvanized metal blade which is nailed to the membrane, while on the roof it is welded to the already installed membrane.
- Then seal the waterproofing layer on the edge with polyurethane mastic.
- Finally, for the total protection of the system in the parapet, the external derailleur is placed and sealed.